Intern – International – Unpaid
NNSC works with communities to reduce violence, minimize arrest and incarceration, and increase trust between law enforcement and the public. For over 20 years, we’ve invented and implemented original solutions to important public safety problems; made those solutions available for evaluation, replication, and advocacy; and shaped the public discourse based on new facts on the ground.
NNSC seeks a part-time or full-time student intern to support its International team. NNSC’s International portfolio was officially launched in 2017. In a short period of time, the International team has established multi-year partnerships in Mexico and Sweden. The IIT has also completed analytic work in El Salvador and has a range of ongoing exploratory conversations with countries as diverse as Australia, Colombia, Brazil and South Africa.
Essential Job Function & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the planning and execution of NNSC conferences, working sessions, and other events as assigned;
- Research violence dynamics; pursue independent analysis of regionally specific responses to violence;
- Monitor and report media, recent trends and developments of international crime and violence dynamics, as well as violence reduction trends domestically or abroad;
- Assist in the development and organization of workshops and events;
- Assist the preparation of reports and documents in English and Spanish;
- Participate in partnership development, including possible proposal development.
- Help to maintain and update databases;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Skills with Microsoft Excel
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing Spanish/Portuguese strongly preferred
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program in a related field
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to violence reduction
- Strong analytical, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Mature judgment, ability to maintain confidentiality, and a self-starter
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and letter of interest at http://bit.ly/nnsc-apply. Email applications will not be considered. Your letter of interest should describe your interest in and qualifications for this position and how you learned of this vacancy
NNSC Interns are unpaid. Intern can receive payment, if currently receiving work study at any CUNY campus, or can receive outside compensation/funding for internship activities for duration of the internship, or can receive class credit for internship activities through any accredited college/university program. To qualify for college credit, students are responsible for obtaining advance approval from their institution for using their internship for college credit while at the NNSC.
The Research Foundation of the City University of New York (RFCUNY) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Americans with Disabilities Act/Protected Veterans Status/E-Verify Employer.