Intern – Field Innovations 100% Remote
NNSC works with communities to reduce violence, minimize arrest and incarceration, and increase trust between law enforcement and the public. For over 20 years, we’ve invented and implemented original solutions to important public safety problems; made those solutions available for evaluation, replication, and advocacy; and shaped the public discourse based on new facts on the ground.
NNSC seeks two student interns (PT or FT) to support its Field Innovations (FI) team . NNSC’s FI portfolio is responsible for designing, advising on, and advancing the emerging interventions being implemented by the National Network’s partner jurisdictions. The FI team leads the research and development portfolio at NNSC, applying our action research framework to address new problems and contexts with partners around the world.
Essential Job Function & Responsibilities:
- Conduct background research and literature reviews on topics related to NNSC projects and grants.
- Assist in the production of portfolio documents including initial drafting, analysis, review, editing, and proofreading of written material.
- Monitor and report to team members on media, recent trends, and developments relevant to ongoing projects and .
- Assist with the planning and execution of NNSC webinars, working sessions, workshops, and other events as assigned.
- Attend meetings and participate in partnership development, including possible proposal development.
- Assist in notetaking on meetings and calls with external partners.
- Help to maintain and update databases.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program in a related field
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to violence reduction
- Strong analytical, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Mature judgment, ability to maintain confidentiality, and a self-starter
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish (depending on the project) strongly preferred
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and letter of interest at http://bit.ly/nnsc-apply. Email applications will not be considered. Your letter of interest should describe your interest in and qualifications for this position and how you learned of this vacancy
NNSC Interns are unpaid. Intern can receive payment, if currently receiving work study at any CUNY campus, or can receive outside compensation/funding for internship activities for duration of the internship, or can receive class credit for internship activities through any accredited college/university program. To qualify for college credit, students are responsible for obtaining advance approval from their institution for using their internship for college credit while at the NNSC.
The Research Foundation of the City University of New York (RFCUNY) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Americans with Disabilities Act/Protected Veterans Status/E-Verify Employer.